Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Honesty

I got an email which attacked me and called me a liar, a manipulator and all kinds of other lovely adjectives from a person who know me. At first, I was really hurt and cried. I was angry at the injustice of what was being said to me , when I had done absolutely nothing to deserve any of it. I started to email the person back to defend myself, and to “set the record straight”.
I got about half way though writing this email, angry and hurt back to the person. I then stopped myself. I started to breathe. I let myself calm down and really thought about what this email would accomplish. Would the person suddenly be convinced of my innocence? Would the suddenly see they light? Or would it simply go into the whole ugly she said and make things even worse?
Then I thought, what is the correct and moral thing for me to do at this point? The correct thing to do was to give the situation up to God. I wished the person well, I told the other people in my family that I love her and will pray for her And that was that.
It is indeed a hard thing to turn the other cheek when you are wronged. When people are unjust to you. she taught a very hard lesson with this one.

No comments: